Zaka Ashraf to seek Imran Khan advice

Pakistan Cricket Board’s (PCB) new chairman Zaka Ashraf has said that he will soon meet with former legend cricketers starting with Imran Khan to discuss how to improve Pakistan cricket at domestic and international level. Zaka, who took charge as a new PCB chief on Friday at the board's headquarters at Gaddafi Stadium, said: "I want to develop consensus on how to move forward after meeting with legends and after October 30, I will meet legend cricketer-turned-politician Imran to discuss how to improve Pakistan domestic and international cricket." Ashraf said he needed at least two to three months to settle down and study the working of the PCB. "I need about two to three months to settle down and study the system before making any decisions accordingly," he said and added: "My first priority will be to restore the country's reputation following a slew of damaging fixing allegations and discipline problems." He believed that former captain Shahid Afridi was a good one-day player. "As a Pakistani and cricket fan I think Afridi, who recently came out of retirement, is a very good one-day player but I would like to have experts' opinion in this regard then any final decision about him will be made. Afridi has requested to meet me and I will meet him as well as many other cricketers as I am a listener and will listen to all of them and then will decide what will be the best for the country and cricket."

Which is A

Hot in week

item